ASAP Species Rapid Action Fund - now accepting proposals
During a conservation project, conservation emergencies or a need for unforeseen activities may arise. In such cases, time is of the essence. Fast action can make all the difference to a species' chance of survival.
That is why ASAP is offering grants of up to SGD 13,500 to ASAP Partners for urgent and emergency conservation of ASAP species. The fund will provide rapid disbursement of small amounts of funds to address urgent requests from the field for conservation actions. Grants can be used in the following ways:
- To address unforeseen conservation emergencies where urgent action is needed; and
- For the seamless continuation of important current conservation actions. Proposals to support the on-going costs of a long-term conservation project are not eligible except where there is an unforeseen funding gap, and where the seamless continuation of activities is imperative for the ongoing or long-term conservation of the ASAP species in question.
Previously funded projects can be found here and include:
- Rapid response to floodproof a hatchery for the Palawan Forest Turtle
- Urgent conservation action for three Critically Endangered fish endemic to Lake Poso, Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Rapid surveys for an unprotected and at-risk population of Delacour’s Langur in Vietnam
The proposal must address immediate and urgent conservation actions for ASAP species requiring rapid action. For full list of ASAP species, please visit the ASAP website https://speciesonthebrink.org/species/.
Priority will be given to projects occurring within Southeast Asia, but urgent conservation actions for ASAP species outside this region will be considered with strong justification.
We invite ASAP Partners to submit proposals to the ASAP Species Rapid Action Fund. Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year; they can be submitted at any time.
Please also complete the financial budget template along with the proposal form.
To apply, send your application form and a CV for the project leader to RAFGrants@ASAPspecies.org
The ASAP Species Rapid Action Fund is generously supported by the March Conservation Fund.