Yayasan Kanopi Indonesia is a non-profit CSO (Community Social Organization) based in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Our activities include conservation of landscapes and biodiversity resources through socio-economic and ecological-based research, Strengthening site-level communities in sustainable management of biodiversity, and awareness-raising on conservation. Kanopi Indonesia also has a goal to disseminate information on biodiversity and landscape conservation to the wider community to build mass movements and policy making by the government.
ASAP Species That We Work On
What We Do
Currently we are focusing on the conservation of several species on the island of Java, namely:
- Strengthening the Conservation of the Menoreh Landscape site level as one of the Javan Pangolin habitats in Java.
- Mapping of turtle nesting landing areas and strengthening coastal communities in Cilacap Regency, Central Java for turtle conservation, including hawksbill turtles.
- Mapping the natural habitat of the Javan Pied Starling Gracupica jalla, checking the Pied Starling species in captivity with sample collection and genome research, as well as strengthening reintroduction strategies in natural habitats in the Karst Gunung Sewu landscape.
- Mapping the breeding pattern of Straw-headed Bulbul Pycnonotus zeylanicus in captivity for bird conservation action.
- Mapping the natural habitat of the Bleeding toad Leptophryne cruentata in the landscape of Mount Segara, Sukabumi.
Strengthening the Conservation of the Menoreh Landscape site level as one of habitats the Javan Blue Flycatcher in Java.
Where We Work
Over the past few years, we have implemented several research and conservation projects in mountain forest and mangrove area in Java and Sumatra island , we also have implemented several research in Wallacea including Lesser sunda, Sangihe Talaud and other areas. Yayasan Kanopi Indonesia hoping to expand its activities throughout the Indonesian region.
Web & Social Media
Yayasan Kanopi Indonesia