Essentials of NGO Management
ASAP is thrilled to announce a new training and mentoring programme for ASAP Partners, “Essentials of NGO Management”, as part of our commitment to supporting partners in strengthening organisational capacity.
Managing a conservation NGO can be both rewarding but equally challenging; it may require taking on multiple roles and responsibilities and acquiring the necessary knowledge and skills on the job. This new training opportunity will provide essential learning of key topics that underpin the management of an NGO.
In collaboration with Synchronicity Earth and led by Stone Soup Consulting, this programme has been designed and tailored specifically for ASAP and Synchronicity Earth Partners in Southeast Asia and will reflect the different needs and interests of participants. Stone Soup trainers possess the diverse knowledge and experience required to deliver this pioneering programme. They are also equally experienced in using a variety of tools and techniques to ensure the virtual learning experience is highly engaging and interactive. There will be plenty of opportunities to share your experience, and learn from others in the region, as well as the trainers.
The programme provides 57 hours of direct online learning time, starting in April 2023 and ending in March 2024. Learning is bolstered with one-on-one mentoring sessions for each organisation. A pre-training phase of engagement will guide the final content, design, and timing of the programme so that it reflects the needs of participants. This period of engagement requires around 4 hours of direct participation across February and March 2023. To help embed the learning, each organisation is required to send two staff to participate in the programme.
The programme covers the following topics:
- Governance and leadership
- Strategic planning
- Fundraising and financial sustainability
- Strategic communication
- Strategic alliances
- Scaling up
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Human resource management
- Financial management
- Social innovation and agile thinking
For more information on the programme, topics and trainers please download the programme brochure.
Criteria for applying to join the programme:
- This opportunity is open to ASAP Partners with a focus on local/national organisations in Southeast Asia.
- The organisation must have at least two people who can prioritise attendance/active participation for the required time; one consistent person in a leadership position is required to attend the whole programme plus other persons as appropriate for the topic. The application will require you to name the different persons who will participate in each module.
- It is the expectation that the Director/Lead of the organisation with the ability to implement change will be the main person to participate in the whole programme.
- Communications, training, mentoring and study materials will be in English. Therefore, participants will need to be able to participate and work well with spoken and written English.
The programme requires the following commitment:
- 10 modules of 57 direct training hours spanning April 2023-March 2024, requiring 6-9 hours per month module dependent, plus approximately 1 hour per module is needed between live sessions for exercises and preparation.
- 4 hours for the pre-training engagement phase which includes answering an online survey and participating in an online workshop in February – March 2023.
- 2 hours for optional mentoring sessions (module topics of your choice) with flexible timing.
- Completion of a feedback survey after each module, at the end of the programme and a second survey 12 months after programme completion.
Costs: This opportunity is generously supported by Synchronicity Earth and ASAP (through a private foundation) and hence there is no direct cost to participants.
However, participants are expected to attend every training session and have sufficient time to dedicate to ensure full participation throughout the programme.
Application timeline and process:
Spaces for this programme are limited. Applications will be accepted from December 12th 2022 and will close on 15th January 2023 (now closed). Successful applicants will be notified by the end of January 2023 and expected to participate in the pre-training engagement phase in February and March as described earlier.
Please access the application form here.
If you would like to discuss the programme with one of our team, please contact email@example.com
Photo credit: Elyza Hazel Tan